This is one bad-ass, intense shot; involving fire, sucking in alcohol infused vapor, and getting drunk really, really fast.
Here’s the recipe and, because it’s so complicated, a how-to video from hotbartendersla.com.
1 1/2 ounces Cointreau
1 1/2 ounces Sambuca
- Place a saucer down on a table or bar.
- Put a shot glass filled with Sambuca in the middle of the saucer.
- Grab a pint glass and pour one ounce of Cointreau into the glass.
- Light the Cointreau and swirl the glass until the sides are warm.
- Pour the lit Cointreau into the shot glass, igniting the Sambuca and spilling the flaming mixture onto the saucer.
- Swirl the pint glass over the flames to capture the alcohol vapor, then shake some cinnamon from a safe distance on to the drink and cover the shot glass with the pint glass.
- Blow out the flames and leave it for a few seconds to let the back draft effect suck back the liquid into the glass.
- Take the pint glass off of the saucer keeping it upside down.
- With a palm full of ice cubes in the other hand carefully place the upside pint glass over it sealing it with your palm
- Shake the glass vigorously a few times and stick a straw through your fingers and suck in all the vapor.
- Use the straw to take down the shot and clean the saucer.
*Photo from graziadaily.co.za
Like weird drinks? Try the Pot Brownie shot!